City Year UK
City Year UK is a youth social action charity that gives young people between 18-25 years to tackle educational inequality.
Type of opportunity offered
> Immediate Vacancies
> Graduate Schemes 2018- 2019
|> Public service, charity and social work||> Teaching|
Visa assistance not offered
About City Year UK
Our leadership development programme is a platform for you to dedicate your talent to:
a. Supporting pupils growing up in some of the most disadvantaged areas in the UK.
b. Helping teachers create positive learning environments and inspire a love for learning in the hearts and minds of young people.
Following two weeks of intensive training, you will support pupils in the classroom by:
- Helping to improve academic achievement, attendance and behaviour
- Providing one-to-one tailored support to struggling/at risk pupils
- Run after-school clubs and social action projects that will help pupils to develop the skills they need to face emotional and social challenges
- Our leadership development programme satisfies University placement requirements
- Access to a mentor to help support your professional development and help build skills to lead from the front
- A real boost to your CV, making you stand out to employers #
- Up to £4000 a year towards your living expenses in London, or £3, 960 in the West Midlands and Greater Manchester
- The reward of a year filled with fresh challenges, new friendships and fun.
Whether you’re a graduate, a placement year student or you’ve just left school, there are so many reasons why young people join City Year and have the best year of their life.
We are recruiting for August 2018 starts!
Apply now at www.cityyear.org.uk/join
0207 014 2680
58-62 White Lion St
020 7014 2680