Guest blogger policy
This policy relates to any individual who wishes to write a blog post for The Careers Group and is not an employee of the organisation.
- Articles must be unique. They must not have been previously published online or be re-published elsewhere after publication (this is for search engine legitimacy and copyright law). By submitting an article you are also confirming that The Careers Group holds the right to publish.
- Articles may be edited. We reserve the right to suggest changes, fix grammar and spelling, and add links. No major changes will be made without your approval.
- Content areas we consider:
- Tips and tutorials on how to get a job in your sector
- Anecdotes on how you found your (first) job
- Case studies and/or initiatives for students facing barriers to work (eg dyslexia, physical or mental disabilities)
- Stories related to international students and their experience
- Advice on psychometrics
- Useful advice for graduates looking for work eg: job-hunting tips, interview techniques, Networking
- Value of recruitment fairs
- Other employability related ideas
- Word count: We accept articles up to 1000 words.
- Language: Please use short, concise sentences, and avoid jargon and acronyms.
- Link Requirements
> Where possible link to other posts found on The Careers Group blogs
> Include a link in the byline to your blog/company, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post
> We do not publish affiliate links within a post’s content
Instructions to contributors
How to apply as a contributor
> Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with "The Careers Group –Guest Blog Post" in the subject line
> Put your post in the actual email or a plain text file.
> Where possible, please ensure your post is ready with HTML markup.
> Please note The Careers Group news blog does not publish external blog posts
We check and respond to all guest post submissions twice a month, so it might take up to two weeks before we get back to you. If we decide your blog post doesn't fit The Careers Group blog, we will get in touch with you to outline the reasons.